Caulking around trim sleeve?

Users who are viewing this thread

hejests

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a very quick question. I just finished replacing the trim on a delta 1300 in my tub (along with replacing the drain assembly, overflow, cartridge and re-grouting the entire surround with epoxy grout). I've caulked everything at this point except for where the trim sleeve goes into the escutcheon. The escutcheon does have that stick-on foam ring that seems to hug the trim sleeve fairly well.

I'm just wondering if that's enough to keep the water out? What do most of you do? To caulk or not to caulk that is the question!

The only thing holding me back from caulking it is that if I have to service the cartridge again, I'd have to pull all the trim off which is a royal pain.

Your advice is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Serge

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks