Water pump noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott Bergman

Reaction score
hello, I have a loud ticking noise that appears to come from under the pressure switch... In the pipe. I will try to take a video or recording when I send but not doing it at the moment. I have changed everything on the top. The tank ,pressure switch and all electric. The water heater also ticks at the same time but that has stopped the last few days. I turned all power off and it still was happing. Their is a banging noise when the pump turns off. Pressure is good. For lack of a better dicscription it sounds like a small put put motor. But again even with no power. The system I. E. Pum is about 25 years old but still appears to be fine I have not changed any piping on the top see picture. See video sorry video was to large. Will up load smaller video

Thank you

Scott Bergman

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Since you are having trouble with video, a few pictures might be easier. From what you are describing it sounds like you could have a failed check valve, but at this point we don't even know what kind of a system you have.

Scott Bergman

Reaction score
hello, I have a loud ticking noise that appears to come from under the pressure switch... In the pipe. I will try to take a video or recording when I send but not doing it at the moment. I have changed everything on the top. The tank ,pressure switch and all electric. The water heater also ticks at the same time but that has stopped the last few days. I turned all power off and it still was happing. Their is a banging noise when the pump turns off. Pressure is good. For lack of a better dicscription it sounds like a small put put motor. But again even with no power. The system I. E. Pum is about 25 years old but still appears to be fine I have not changed any piping on the top see picture. See video

Thank you

Scott Bergman

Scott Bergman

Reaction score
It is a submersible pump. I'm not sure how deep. Here a a couple pictures. The video was to large and it stopped makeing the noise. I will take short video when it starts again.

Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 228
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 237

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
sounds like water hammer because it's only when the pump shuts off?

If so, check valve failure in the well, you probably have multiple check valves and why you don't see your pressure dropping out on your pressure gauge.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I will take short video when it starts again.
You might be able to turn your big video into a sound file, which could be under 200 Kytes. Try this in your favorite search engine: turn a video into a sound file

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks