Expansion tank question

Users who are viewing this thread

Leon82

Reaction score
I have a bell and gosset pottable water expansion tank in my recirculating loop. I also have a rusco hotwater stainless mesh filter and it has done its job catching the annode particles from the minitank.

It is also catching rust from the expansion tank. The circulator is a taco stainless so the tank is the only source, which I have confirmed by removing it.

I would guess this may be normal but zilmet makes a stainless tank. Do you think it is worthwhile to replace it with a stainless?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Bell & gosset is a heating company, so I doubt they make a "potable water" expansion tank, and if they did it would be "glass lined" or at least galvanized so it would NOT rust. Heating tanks are black steel so they DO rust. REplace the tank with a proper one.

Leon82

Reaction score
OK, ill order one up.
I just double checked it and it does say potable water on it. I'm going to guess that the nipple on the end was plain steel

Leon82

Reaction score
It looks like some are plastic lined with a stainless nipple also.

the zilmet is all stainless with a food grade diaphragm and the cost is not as much as a would have thought

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks