Cabin system (no electricty)

Users who are viewing this thread

Leafster

Reaction score
Hi;
I have a well by the camp and am planning on pumping water with a gas pump to a raised holding tank that will then feed into the cabin to a tankless propane water heater and then to shower and 2 sinks (bathroom and kitchen). Does anyone have any experience with this as this is a 'thought' and by no means do I know how I am going to do this or if it will work. I am thinking solar charged batteries will be used for pumping the water??
Any input welcome!!

Leon82

Reaction score
If I recall there is a minimum water pressure requirement.

With well water a descaling regiment will be needed.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are a few, often lower efficiency, tankless systems that don't require power, so you must be careful about which one you choose. The comment about water conditioning may or may not apply, it entirely depends on the hardness of the water from your well. Any water heater will last longer with softer water, but expect to delime the thing annually unless it gets very little use, as part of your maintenance procedures.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks