Well pump help

Users who are viewing this thread

Leeelson

Reaction score
Still not right. I know that valve will not let the pump cycle when using more than 3 GPM.

Was this also a guess or why was the pump NOT cycling at this time?
The pump was not cycling. The only guess was the GPM.

Leeelson

Reaction score
Turn your pressure switch back up to 72 for shut off and try running the drip or a faucet again.
Looking for what? The problem is that with the exception of a faucet that gives 2.2 gal/min when on full, other water fixtures give variable flows, up to (I'm guessing) about 10 GPM. This means that I have to calculate the flow after the fact and it amounts to watching a bucket and a pressure gauge, separated by 50 feet, at the same time. What sort of flow are we looking for? E.G. do we want to see if the CSV will allow continuous flow (no cycling) at 10 GPM?

I had the switch set to 72 for awhile and its my *guess* that it won't make much difference in the cycle times, but I could be wrong.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The pump should never shut off as long as you are using more than 3 gpm. You said it took 10 minutes at 6 gpm, for which amount it should never shut off. Does the pump shut off when using 6 gpm?

Leeelson

Reaction score
The pump should never shut off as long as you are using more than 3 gpm. You said it took 10 minutes at 6 gpm, for which amount it should never shut off. Does the pump shut off when using 6 gpm?
As I said earlier, at 6.2 GPM, the pump comes on (pressure = 45 PSI) then goes off 20 seconds later (65 PSI).

Leeelson

Reaction score
Turn the pressure switch off setting up to 72 and see if it still shuts off while using 6 gpm.
I can't dial in a 6 gpm flow. My earlier report just happened to be a faucet partially open at 6.2 gpm. That flow is not repeatable.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I can't dial in a 6 gpm flow. My earlier report just happened to be a faucet partially open at 6.2 gpm. That flow is not repeatable.

Then turn the pressure switch up to 72 and run somethong more than 3 gpm. If the pump shuts off while more than 3 gpm is being used the CSV is not working for some reason.

Leeelson

Reaction score
Then turn the pressure switch up to 72 and run somethong more than 3 gpm. If the pump shuts off while more than 3 gpm is being used the CSV is not working for some reason.
Pressure switch off set at 73 PSI. Tub faucet run at 4.8 gpm. Pressure rises slowly and stops at about 72. Pump runs, no cycling. For this cutoff pressure, it seems that the lowest flow that has no cycling is 4.8 gpm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks