Nortiz Intermittent Error Code 90

Users who are viewing this thread

JMajzun

Reaction score
I have a 10yr old Nortiz N-069M Tank-less that is throwing an intermittent Error Code 90 on my personal water heater for the past few weeks, only when I'm in it!

I know what the code means & have checked Nortiz recommendations in correcting this error as it states a combustion abnormality with the following recommendations:

1) Insufficient gas supply - Unit has been in service for 10 yrs w/ proper service line size. Have not check pressure or flow, but using all 5 burners on oven has no issues operating.
2) Blockage in the flue vent - Removed entire flue & no issues there.
3) Debris in the fan motor - Blew out fan & no issues there.

I have cleaned the filter, fan, damper & exhaust flue w/ no results. Also recently descale the unit w/ white vinegar for 2 hrs as routine maintenance.

I have noticed that I'm only getting 1/4 of the burners lit on the far right of the combustion chamber when viewed through the viewing port. IR camera shows the left side much cooler than the right side. Flame is blue.

Any ideas? Please before it starts doing this to the Wife, then I will be in Hot Water for sure & not in a good way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks