Can anyone identify the maker of this shower assembly?

Users who are viewing this thread

FredaNJ

Reaction score
Hello,
My daughter has just moved into a house with a steam shower. The shower gets only slightly warm, never hot. The plumber she brought in to fix it said that it needs a part, but he can't tell who makes this shower. There were no identifying marks anywhere. If she can't find the manufacturer, she'll have to replace the whole system, an expensive prospect for her.

If any of the experts here can identify the maker of this shower, I would greatly appreciate it. Many thanks.
https://flic.kr/s/aHsktd6AG1

My apologies about the link. I can't seem to figure out how to post the images directly into this post.
Anyway, thanks for your patience.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
It would help if you could take the valve apart. Lay the cartridge next to a ruler and take a picture. Infocus photos of both ends of the cartridge would help. The number of splines on the broach is helpful in narrowing down the posibilities.

FredaNJ

Reaction score
It would help if you could take the valve apart. Lay the cartridge next to a ruler and take a picture. Infocus photos of both ends of the cartridge would help. The number of splines on the broach is helpful in narrowing down the posibilities.
Thanks. My daughter will take pictures and I'll post as soon as possible.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You have photos of everything except what we need to see, namely what it looks like with the handle off. Pfister does not use screws to hole its escutcheon in place.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks