Where should I mount rain indicator?

Users who are viewing this thread

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I bought a Rain Bird "rain indicator" to shut off sprinkler system when its raining, but not sure where to mount it. It would be easiest to put on the side the house but then it would be under the roof soffit - so it probably wouldn't be catching any rain water.
Can I attach it to the trunk of my Crepe Myrtle tree? Or does it need to be on a pole by itself?

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I'm hoping to avoid running any wire underground - so I want to keep the device close to the side of the house. I'm thinking that I will mount it to the fascia board (I don't have gutters) of the house just below the roof drip-edge but on a bracket so it extends out enough to not get any roof run-off. Maybe 12 inches out. Then I can run the wire into the soffit and to my irrigation controller on the other side of the garage wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks