Please help with existing plumbing layout...and change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Supracar865

Reaction score
Hello again.

I am wondering why on earth anyone would put a main 3" abs line with the clean out directly above my basement bathtub. I am assuming this must be assessable. If so,

Are there any code requirements( length or amount of bends) in my sink drain run from my main floor kitchen sink. Right now its about 25' with about 200 degrees of bends.( 2 90s and one 22 )

I need to shorten the 3" by about 5' to bring the clean out into the furnace room unfinished ceiling.

hopefully this drawing helps.

thanks
IMG_0590[1].JPG

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your drawing does NOT show a lot of things. One of them being whether there is an additional cleanout before it leaves the building or goes into the floor. If so, that that cleanout is cosmetic and completely unnecessary.

Supracar865

Reaction score
Sorry i should have explained my drawing better. This 3" line is in my basement ceiling. the two drains i have drawn go up through the floor to my main floor kitchen sink and laundry room. The end of this 3" with clean out sits right above my basement bathtub. I would like to drywall this ceiling. My goal is to shorten this 3" by 5' so that the clean out is in my open ceiling furnace room, and these 2 drains will be reattached to the 3" line in my furnace room ceiling.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You did NOT answer the question. AFTER the line leaves the ceiling does it go through the basement wall or into the floor, and if so is there ALSO a cleanout on THAT line. If so, and there, and there should be, then you do not need that cleanout in the ceiling and it can be ignored, i.e., do nothing with it.

Supracar865

Reaction score
My bad. thanks for taking the time.

Yes this line does go into the floor, and does have a clean out at the floor.

Thanks for the help. I see your in arizona, are you from here. I take it you know Canadian code since you are in this section!?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks