Hey What's Up?

Users who are viewing this thread

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Happy New Year! Yup, still around; just been preoccupied and have become more of a procrastinator than even before. I keep meaning to post something here, but you know what procrastination means. I hope everybody is well here. I hope the horrible weather in the SW and Mid West did not affect you too badly in the last few weeks. We got very lucky hear in the NY Metro area as far as the weather so far.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
We got all of your snow here in Texas over the holidays. 11" with 50 mph winds. Drifts were 8' tall on both sides of my fence and gates. Couldn't get into my shop for several days. Global warming was freezing my butt off. :) But then Al Gore flew over in his jet and the heat from the engines melted all the snow away so we're good.

Oh I forgot when it gets cold they call it climate change. Our climate has been changing from one extreme to the other as long as I have been alive. This is not the first time I have seen 8' drifts in Lubbock and it won't be the last. I am not complaining because in just a few months it will be 110 in the shade again. Drastic changes in climate have always been very obvious in this part of the country, but its all good, nothing new.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Valveman, yeah the weather by you HAS been crazy recently, but I also remember , we also have had drastic changes here too, in New York.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hi Valveman, yeah the weather by you HAS been crazy recently, but I also remember , we also have had drastic changes here too, in New York.

Hello Bob. I guess I missed your post.

Happy Spring.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Don, Good to hear from you again. I've been pretty busy, but I can't remember what the heck it is I've been doing o_O. The days go by so fast it is unreal. It gets harder and takes longer to take care of the honey do list as we get older, and I am only 73 now. But, I should not complain; I still wake up every morning. I used to post here all the time; I don't know what has happened to me since I retired:p. Maybe its just laziness?
Take it easy Don, Bob

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My 73 YO brother Clare is posting on Facebook a lot lately. Mainly political stuff for him.
I keep my post on the hardware, plumbing, remodel side, with a bit of sports and activities. Okay, also music.
My brother James was mentioned in this article on Huffington Post last week.
Looks like we need you two to start more projects. :)

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Terry, I have plenty of projects started: bought the materials and any special tools I might need to do them, just keep putting them off for a day when i feel like doing them. Problem is, that day is becoming very elusive. I'm not too involved with politics; I get very dismayed with the runners and all the crap and promises they spit out, especially the guy with the bad comb over. These people just tell the public what they want to hear and then..................same old crap. Oh, and big PHARMA? Feh! shame on them. They keep raising prices on very old drugs like Synthroid that have generics available, but are not as tightly formulated as they should be. The research on Synthroid as long been recovered - decades ago. I get nauseated watching TV and seeing all their (big PHARMA) ads with disclosures/disclaimers showing possible side effects that may be much worse than the symptoms. Oh well, the lobbyists get paid well, lol

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
Hi Don, Good to hear from you again. I've been pretty busy, but I can't remember what the heck it is I've been doing o_O. The days go by so fast it is unreal. It gets harder and takes longer to take care of the honey do list as we get older, and I am only 73 now. But, I should not complain; I still wake up every morning. I used to post here all the time; I don't know what has happened to me since I retired:p. Maybe its just laziness?
Take it easy Don, Bob

It takes me more time to do nothing, Than when I was working full time.

Take care. Do not be a stranger.

DonL

Reaction score
Terry, I have plenty of projects started: bought the materials and any special tools I might need to do them, just keep putting them off for a day when i feel like doing them. Problem is, that day is becoming very elusive. I'm not too involved with politics; I get very dismayed with the runners and all the crap and promises they spit out, especially the guy with the bad comb over. These people just tell the public what they want to hear and then..................same old crap.

If you let them blow enough smoke up your ass, You can get colon cancer. :eek:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If you let them blow enough smoke up your ass, You can get colon cancer. :eek:
Don, did you know that getting smoke blown up one's ass used to be an actual medical practice? Things haven't changed much. http://gizmodo.com/blowing-smoke-up-your-ass-used-to-be-literal-1578620709

And yes Don, EVERYTHING seems to take so long to do now. I also had much more time and got lots of things done when I worked full time. Since Nov. 2014, I am fully retired. As the almond nut in the almond milk commercial says: "funny how that works" You see that one in TX too, right?

DonL

Reaction score
Don, did you know that getting smoke blown up one's ass used to be an actual medical practice? Things haven't changed much.

That explains why a doctor was running for president.

He has experience. :rolleyes:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks