Mounting copper manifolds?

Users who are viewing this thread

JCH

Reaction score
I am replacing the trunk-and-branch copper supply plumbing in my house with a PEX home run system.

Turns out that it's not very common here and even finding manifolds is challenging at the local plumbing supply shop.

I eventually found these:
http://www.bow-group.com/Pages/popupProduit.aspx?cat=57&pro=25043&LANG=EN&path=540922&ip=US

but the plumbing store had no idea how people actually mount them. All they had were 1" J-clips...

I'll be running 3 manifolds (hot, warm, cold) in a compact space and have only been able to find dual-manifold brackets online (none that will stagger three of them):
http://www.sears.com/viega-pex-viega-17145-proradiant-1-inch-copper/p-SPM12011884719

I saw another thread on this forum that suggested building wooden brackets...

Any other ideas? Thanks!
.../j

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Some people use manifolds that have valves to allow shutting down lines. Some come with integral brackets.

Not all PEX is the same, so you will want to check if yours is compatible with your manifold.

JCH

Reaction score
The copper manifolds I bought are the Bow manifolds above. 3/4" PEX crimp in, and 1/2" PEX crimp out on each branch. I'm going to install PEX ball valves on just the lines running to the showers.

At two different plumbing stores (yes, the ones that real plumbers go to), I got the same answer: "Gee, I've never looked up to see how people mount them". At one place, the plumber behind me in line asked me what I was going to use them for!

I asked for Bell Clamps (nope). Also asked for Van Clamps (nope). They just don't seem to do manifolds in this town.

Was hoping someone could steer me towards something that'd be available online in Canada.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Reaction score
We use a system called StarQuick. You secure them with a drywall or deck screw. You can also get spacers for them if you want to stagger your manifolds. Im from Alberta so they are here in Canada. www.starquick.info. Hope this helps you out.

JCH

Reaction score

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I did not use anything under the straps.
There is no noise transmission issue since the piping to/from the manifold is PEX - there is enough flex in the PEX to allow for normal pipe expansion/movement during use.

JCH

Reaction score
I did not use anything under the straps.
There is no noise transmission issue since the piping to/from the manifold is PEX - there is enough flex in the PEX to allow for normal pipe expansion/movement during use.
Okay, good. I was thinking more along the lines of water turbulence noise (the sound of running pipes) being conducted into the structure.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
No, you arrange them side by side, on the wall, and mount the two outside ones to the middle one using your two manifold brackets.

Last edited:

JCH

Reaction score
No, you arrange them side by side and mount the two outside ones to the middle one using your two manifold brackets.
So: 1) The middle manifold is attached by a bracket on each end (i.e. by 2 brackets), and 2) the two outside manifolds are each attached by the remaining free clamp in each bracket (i.e. each outside manifold held by 1 bracket)?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks