Replace Shower Diverter Valve? Oakbrook Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Brandon W

Reaction score
Hello all,

The plastic piece on the diverter valve in my shower is shot and I can't attach a handle to it. I currently need to turn it with channel locks to change from "shower" to "bath" mode. Is there a way to replace just part that protrudes out of the wall, or would the whole diverter valve need to be replaced. I've seen shower rebuild kits at Home Depot that seem to be what I need, but I'm uncertain what exactly I would need to purchase. I've attached photos of the piece in the shower, as well as the diverter valve behind the shower. Thanks in advance!

divvalve01.jpeg
divvalve02.jpeg

Brandon W

Reaction score
I got the part from Ace Hardware -- Oakbrook Collection 4303228 Tub and Shower Faucet Stem Extension: Use with Oakbrook Collection models: 45132, 48372, 45182.

The end has a D shape, which I think is compatible with older Delta handles.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks