Toilet with a small base area

Users who are viewing this thread

Flintstown

Reaction score
I am remodeling an old house and one bathroom has a slate drip pan that I would like to re-use. The toilet that used to be on it is gone and I am having trouble finding a replacement toilet that will fit the thing due to the base area constraints of the drip pan. The pan has a raised lip at the edges, so only a base of up to a certain dimension will fit. Apart from the actual base, any 12'' rough in toilet should fit the space just fine.

Can anyone point me to a toilet with a base that will fit an area of the following dimensions?

12'' rough in. Maximum distance of 9.25'' forward from waste hole centerline. Maximum distance of 9.25'' rearward from waste hole centerline. So, maximum base length of 18.5'' and centered on the waste hole.

Of course, if you know of multiple toilets that would fit that space, options are good!

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

Reach4

Reaction score
The closest Toto I saw is Rowan. It is 11-3/8 where you need 9-1/2. Its drawing is possibly useful in that it's drawing shows the relevant dimensions, even though its front dimension is too big.
American Standard COMPACT CADET3 FloWise is 11-1/2 in that same difficult dimension.

Attachments

• img_2.png
    img_2.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 646
Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
No no no on the Rowan. Not a good flush. It and the Carusoe are no-gos as far as I'm concerned. The rest of the model line is great, but they are not worthy.

Reaction score
Hold on a sec.

All this because you want to re-use a drip pan condensation catcher? If you can provide pics to clarify.

If condensation is what you want to deal with, I believe some newer tanks have insulated tanks and advertised to deal with this sort of thing.

Otherwise, you can feed warm water into the tank, this is done with a B&K 109-503 Toilet Tank Anti-sweat Valve.

Tanks drip because the cold water supply makes it a condensor, exact same way a dehumidifier works. This is exactly what was damaging my bathroom floor for the past 60 years.

My home toilet has 18ºC water going into it, my tank never condensates, ergo no mold. I hate mold and go through great lengths to deal with it.
B&K_109-503_Toilet_Tank_Anti-sweat_Valve.jpg
toilet-mold-condensation-problems.jpg

Last edited:

Flintstown

Reaction score
Yes, it is all because I want to reuse the slate drip catcher. I don't need it for its drip catching purpose. It is our old family home and the drip pan has been there for a long time. Although I'm completely renovating the house, I'm trying to retain its old character to the extent possible. Sorry, I don't have a picture at the moment. It is just a square piece of slate with a lip around the border and a hole in the middle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks