ADA toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

wanna know

Daddy
Reaction score
I have always read it is better for our digestive system health to have a lower toilet--I even read squatting is best. It seems unwise for us to choose higher toilets rather than work to keep our bodies able to get up and down from a lower sitting position.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have always read it is better for our digestive system health to have a lower toilet--I even read squatting is best. It seems unwise for us to choose higher toilets rather than work to keep our bodies able to get up and down from a lower sitting position.

I've heard that too. They do make an after market lift for the feet that sets by the toilet that raises the feet.
It's a catch 22. My mother who is 5'-3" likes a high bowl. She's had a knee and a hip replacement.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
When you age and your knees no longer have the strength to lift your body, you will gladly quite worrying about squatting be better that having a taller toilet. If I am forced to use a standard height toilet, I need a grab bar, cane, or some kind

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks