Best Frost Free Sill Cock

Users who are viewing this thread

janderson13

Reaction score
I'm looking for the best frost free sillcock the professionals like. My father has M0en and they work perfect. I have a different brand and mine leak like crazy with a hose attached and pressured. I replace the parts and the thing works fine for a while (like days to months - then starts leaking again). I've replaced seals, stems, etc. Moen doesn't produce their line anymore or I would buy one :)

So... I'm planning to replace what is there before I finish our basement and I'm hoping for some suggestions.

Thanks!

Jeff

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check these out...
http://woodfordmfg.com/Woodford/WFDIndex.html

They have certain models that would allow you to leave (or if you forgot) the hose when it freezes without damage happening. They have one version that would allow you to plumb hot water there as well...nice for washing the car when cool, or maybe the dog (or you after a plunge in the pool!).

Quarterball

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you are looking for a multi-turn, compression washer unit, I would have to agree with jadnashua & cwhyu2.

If you are looking for a 1/4-turn, non-ceramic disc unit, I would have to agree with Reach4.

Go Buckeyes

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks