Desperate need for help with Whole House Water Treatment...

Users who are viewing this thread

montelatici

Reaction score
The previous poster is correct, if you have iron in your water As will be removed, where the iron levels are not high enough to remove Arsenic the post treatment with Catalytic Carbon (Arsenic Polishing) is required.

Reach4

Reaction score
Huh? Catalytic carbon for arsenic reduction? Please send me the literature on that.
I have a Centaur Carbon backwashing filter for iron+sulfur.

I had a lab test on my raw water that shows 0.006 mg/L of arsenic. I also had a post-filter (but pre-softener test) and it showed <0.002 mg/L (meaning below the detection level of the test). Hardly impressive, but it is something. In contrast both water tests showed 134 mg/L for Sulfate. The sulfate makes me think my powered anode is not in vain. Silica went from 18.2 mg/L to 18.3 -- essentially no change.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The iron collected on the media between backwashes is the arsenic reduction protion, it acts similar to GFH medias.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks