Septic pump above ground?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom Baker

Reaction score
Today I replaced my failed septic pump that had lasted 6 years. While not impossible it did take a few hours to dig the dirt out of the way, remove the round concret clean-out (which is very heavy), get the old one out, get a new one in and replace the round concrete clean-out (which is very heavy) and replace the dirt. While I don't mind working hard once, I hate working hard over and over again.

I have seen septic tank risers to raise the clean-out hole higher. Is it possible to add use a different type pump (self priming or water pump type pump with a check valve) and mount the pump above ground? I'm in Florida so freezing isn't really a worry. I can plant bushes around the installation so it isn't unsightly. Is there a reason submersible pumps are used instead of moving the pump to the top?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks