Question on using IO to clean WS resin

Users who are viewing this thread

JustaDIYer

Reaction score
Ok. So I'm doing a resin clean with IO and let it draw in and unplugged the control valve to let the solution soak.

Should the valve still be sucking thru the brine tube? And water draining out the drain tube? And it seems like there's water flowing thru the valve. Is this right?

Reach4

Reaction score
You need to also close the path through the softener to prevent water from flowing. Normally you will have a bypass valve of some sort.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the uni is is a draw cycle and you unplug it, it will remain in the draw cycle with water running through the system to the drain. I would not recommend putting it in bypass to allow it to "soak". If you want a real good cleaning, do a back to back cycle adding IO for both cycles.

JustaDIYer

Reaction score
Yes. I did the second method. Mixed IO in a bucket and let the brine draw that. Unplugged the control and let sit for 20 min. Then hooked the brine tube back up and plugged unit in and let it finish regen. Didn't realize the valve would continue to draw while unplugged.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks