Omak wildfires in Washingon

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My sister has cabins on a lake, located near Omak Washington. The foothills of the North Central Cascades in Washington State. That state is very dry this year, and wildfire is a constant danger this Summer. There is more fire, than there are firefighters. Sometimes all you can do is pray and hope. The fire fighters are doing the best they can, working days on end without rest. My sister posted this picture a few days ago.

omak-fire-07a.jpg

This is what it looks like when you wait too long. The driver waited out the fire in the lake and waited for it to pass.

omak-fire-01.jpg

This is looking out her window at approaching smoke.

omak-fire-02.jpg

This is after the fire swept through.

omak-fire-13.jpg

The neighbor came over and took this shot of the fire coming within eight feet of her cabin.

omak-fire-03.jpg

Those are her cabins in the picture above. They had packed up and left just before the fire got there.
Untouched. :)

omak-fire-04.jpg

Others were not so lucky as you can see below.

omak-fire-09.jpg

Just the chimney left there.

omak-fire-08.jpg

Not even that here.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
omak-fire-07a.jpg

The owner of this SUV waded into the lake to get away from the fire.
The car was a total loss.

omak-fire-10.jpg

I don't even know what this is.

omak-fire-11.jpg

The neighbors solar collector was damaged, but the home it supplied was untouched behind it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks