P.S.I

Users who are viewing this thread

TruckkerJoe

Reaction score
Hello to all,
This is a 2 part questionnaire ? Just placed a carbon 10x54 tank for a final polish in my home and wanted to do my own backwash with a small water pump that can give about 60 to 80psi into a inlet=outlet (head) so.. whats the maximum pressure I can place into this filter without destroying top and bottom baskets?

#2 We will now have 2 filters and 1 softener in place also installed a psi gauge after 2nd filter my next concern is pressure drop.what is the max pressure one can put in a bladder tank 28?Thanks!!!

Reach4

Reaction score
Just placed a carbon 10x54 tank for a final polish in my home and wanted to do my own backwash with a small water pump that can give about 60 to 80psi into a inlet=outlet (head) so.. whats the maximum pressure I can place into this filter without destroying top and bottom baskets?

80 PSI is the normal high for household water pressure, so the max for anything designed to hook to household water will be at least that high. Consider this: Backwashing takes GPM but not a lot of pressure. 30 PSI into the controller is generally enough, because the output from the drain hose is at 0 PSI. So the maximum pressure would be important when you are not backwashing rather than while you are backwashing. The maximum pressure would be 100 PSI for some controllers, but that could differ for other controllers.

Don't size a pump based on keeping a high pressure during backwash.

#2 We will now have 2 filters and 1 softener in place also installed a psi gauge after 2nd filter my next concern is pressure drop.what is the max pressure one can put in a bladder tank 28?Thanks!!!
That varies. There are two numbers. One is some amount more than 24 psi (maybe 30?) higher than the precharge. There will also be a number depending on the tank With Well-X-Trol, that number is 150 PSI (called "Highest Working Pressure". It will be less for lesser tanks.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The DLFC button in modern system is auto regulating regardless of pressure. So... 30 psi to 100 psi, the same amount of water will come out of the drain. As to the max pressure, UPC is 80 psi max, all modern equipment can easily handle 80 psi.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks