When is it time to *replace the boiler*

Users who are viewing this thread

Vermont Tom

Reaction score
I have a Buderus gb142 that is six years old and was told I would be lucky to get another 3 years out of it. After many problems I decided to go about servicing and fixing it myself. Most of the problems I am having, is that after doing some research, is that it was not properly installed. Intake and exhaust to close to an inside corner and so on and so forth. Two techs came last winter after it broke down. They couldn't figure it out. I figured it out in 10 minutes with a volt meter. Bad sensor it was. Cleaned it last weekend and I think it has a leak in the tubes somewhere. Saw a couple drips on the bottom pan when I removed it. Have to take a closer look this weekend. Original installer never returned calls from the get go and no one in southern Vt will touch it if they didn't install it.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
I can understand the reluctance of contractors to wade into some other contractors' mess (or potential legal fight.). Have you contacted anyone at Buderus ?

Vermont Tom

Reaction score
I can understand the reluctance of contractors to wade into some other contractors' mess (or potential legal fight.). Have you contacted anyone at Buderus ?
I Have. It seems that they don't offer support to "do it yourselfers". Just trade professionals. My warranty is also voided because I am not a trained technician.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Asking the distributor for a local contractor they can recommend is more likely to yield results than asking them directly for technical assistance.

Unless you actually damaged the thing with your unsupervised tweaking they'd have a very hard time ducking their warranty obligations. If you can document that it was originally mis-installed it goes back to the contractor who installed it. If they're non-responsive or incompetent you may have to collect via their bond (which is why you go with licensed bonded contractors.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks