Buderus gb142 revision air vent leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Vermont Tom

Reaction score
I have water coming out of the vent. Looks like a shraeder type valve but I don't think it is. From what I can see from the parts manual is that there is some type of float system in there. Could it be taken out and just cleaned? Or should I just buy a new one. I can't get a good description of the part other than it's just the cap.HAs to be more to it than that. Wondering if anyone has replaced one of these.

BadgerBoilerMN

Hydronic Heating Designer
Reaction score
Website
www.badgerboilerservice.com
The air vent on a GB142 is used for commissioning the system. Once the air out of the boiler it should be shut off. If it leaks at any time after commissioning, it must be replaced for future serviceability.

Vermont Tom

Reaction score
The air vent on a GB142 is used for commissioning the system. Once the air out of the boiler it should be shut off. If it leaks at any time after commissioning, it must be replaced for future serviceability.
How does it turn on and off? It just has a plastic screw cap on top. Does it let air out automatically? Should I just leave the cap loose ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks