Basic rough in from stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Frank Drebin

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm sure this question has been asked a million times over but I just wanted to be sure for my scenario as it seems like every rough in is different. Attached is a picture of the stack and the proposed bathroom layout. How does one plumb the wet side with proper venting? I will update drawings to verify.
05J2duC.png
[/IMG]

05J2duC.png

Frank Drebin

Reaction score
So I think the drainage side is fairly simple, red is toilet, blue is tub and green is sink. Assuming I have to run a vent to the attic/roof from the sink, question is where do I vent the toilet/shower?

CtxofQO.png

Reach4

Reaction score
Here is a place to start, but I am not saying that will fix all. I am not a plumber.

You have to run your vents vertically until they are high enough before joining another pure vent. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/plumbing-venting-system.61651/#post-456640 The yellow line in my sketch modification represents that.

45 degrees or steeper is considered vertical. That is the idea of my orange line: 45 degrees until high enough.

Attachments

• img_1.png
    img_1.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 495

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Maybe, but we won't know until we actually see HOW you are going to put everything together. There is NOTHING wrong with the upper vent line, so it does not have to be installed on a 45 degree angle, but you CANNOT tie the two lower ones together until THEY are 42" above the floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks