CAN I PUT P TRAP HERE?

Users who are viewing this thread

PeterPlumber1

Reaction score
Hello all:
I am about to test adding a P trap here. Will this work properly since the AAV is already installed by someone else long ago.?
Thank you

Attachments

• P TRAP.JPG
    P TRAP.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 149

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
That was a nice guide you linked to.
Also I very impressed that you could tell it was a washing machine. I looked at the drawing for a while but couldn't figure it out (I thought it was a "Plan" view, now I see that it is an "Elevation" view).

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Check with your local bldg dept about the vent.

About the drawing: these are clearly a toilet, a frint loading washer and a vent.

PeterPlumber1

Reaction score
hook up.jpg
Thank you so much for sharing that. So here is what i ended up with. I don't think I smell sewer gases any more. I have the pic and the drawing side by side of what i did. I think it's right. For a 100 year old house. All the pipes they are 1 1/4". That is because all of the piping I found previously installed here was all 1 1/4" all the way to the drain and i just could not try to figure out if I should have put a coupling on it and installed all 1 1/2 inch or 2 inch piping. I really didn't want to get close to the connection near the drain that goes into the basement floor for fear i might loosen it and never be able to reconnect it again. So i just continued to use the 1 1/4 inch as previous. Also, I still am not sure if I can hook up my double laundry tub that has a P trap (not seen) . You can only see the laundry tub connected to an old lead pipe that is clogged.
Thank you!

Last edited:

PeterPlumber1

Reaction score
To follow up, I have got the double laundry sink working. I added an air vent (motor home) after the P trap under the laundry sink not seen in picture. Then I connected that over to drain into the laundry stack pipe (at the red dot in pic) and that goes to the next P trap there. I know the motor home vent isn't the best but the whole system is working flawlessly. Water is draining quickly out of the sinks, machine and even my condensate tubings. Thanks to this site for lots of helpful info. Needless to say it's an old property so you have to do the best that you can without a total re-do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks