Corded float switches

Users who are viewing this thread

Ankhseeker

Reaction score
Question. Do Those dongle style float switches come in either Normally open or normally closed? (up for open down for closed)
I am trying to draw a wiring diagram for my well setup but would rather not take it apart to measure continuity if I don't have to. Thanks!

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can get them either way. Up is open or up is closed depending on the application.

For a pump pumping into an atmospheric tank you want up is open or pump is off.

For a high level alarm in a tank, you want up is closed so the alarm will sound.

Jeremy Harris

Reaction score
The last one I bought had a three core cable. Use two of the cores for pump on when high, two others for pump off when high. I have to say the instructions weren't great; I ended up sticking a meter on each wire to work out how to wire it up for what I wanted (pump off when high, pump on when low), to fill a header tank).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks