Lawn is always wet...need some advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

jreed

Reaction score
Below are some pics of my house. My front yard is constantly wet and has ruined my sidewalk so Id like to add some drainage.

During rain I get a lot of water from the upper side of my house. In addition to that, my driveway is a fairly steep downhill so water tends to drain towards the house. We have added some drains in the driveway and that has helped some but we still have problems.

The last picture you see is what I had in mind. Id like to add french drains where the red lines are. Does this seem like it would be effective? I have plenty of fall in the property and can easily daylight the pipe down below in the woods. By extending the drain the whole way along the end of the driveway, I hoping that would catch the runoff coming down the driveway.

Any thoughts/suggestions on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sally Spodina

Reaction score
Website
www.lawnmasterspeel.com
Soil permeability and yard topography are the usual culprits in cases like this. Consider where the water is coming from and how it travels on your yard.

Before going all out to install your proposed drains, try getting some wet plants or create a rain garden to soak up all the excess water.

As for drains, do some research into french drains vs lawn drains

If anyone is experiencing a similar situation with their lawn in the Mississauga and surrounding areas do not hesitate to reach out to me at Lawn Masters Peel

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks