Looking for a standard floor mount urinal

Users who are viewing this thread

FFJwilliams

Reaction score
Trying to locate a standard floor mount self standing urinal, ours cracked today. Im guessing the unit is approx 40-50 years old. I checked all the plumbing supply places and salvage material yards and couldn't locate one. I'm guessing code has changed and that's why I'm having terrible luck finding a replacement.

I live in mass

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Guess you should have looked at the Internet. :)

Any decent plumbing supply should be able to order it. If not, and I don't recommend this because it may arrive broken, but, Home Depot sells it online: http://www.homedepot.com/p/American-Standard-Stallbrook-Urinal-in-White-6400-014-020/202099497 If you do that, then you are best advised to pick it up in the store so you can open the box and inspect it. All they do is ship it to the store by common carrier, unlike the way it comes on a pallet to your plumbing supply place, so you really need to stand there with the HD folks and open the box and inspect it with a magnifying glass, then drive it home. It's easier to just ship it to your job site, but have fun returning it if it arrives broken. If you ship to store, you can reject it right there and HD people are the witnesses.

Also, Zurn Z5792. I think that one comes with a flush valve. http://www.waterwisetech.net/specs/Zurn_Z5792_urinal_specifications.pdf

I'm also pretty sure that installing it isn't a DIY job.

Last edited:

FFJwilliams

Reaction score
Guess you should have looked at the Internet. :)

Any decent plumbing supply should be able to order it. If not, and I don't recommend this because it may arrive broken, but, Home Depot sells it online: http://www.homedepot.com/p/American-Standard-Stallbrook-Urinal-in-White-6400-014-020/202099497 If you do that, then you are best advised to pick it up in the store so you can open the box and inspect it. All they do is ship it to the store by common carrier, unlike the way it comes on a pallet to your plumbing supply place, so you really need to stand there with the HD folks and open the box and inspect it with a magnifying glass, then drive it home. It's easier to just ship it to your job site, but have fun returning it if it arrives broken. If you ship to store, you can reject it right there and HD people are the witnesses.

Also, Zurn Z5792. I think that one comes with a flush valve. http://www.waterwisetech.net/specs/Zurn_Z5792_urinal_specifications.pdf

I'm also pretty sure that installing it isn't a DIY job.

I'm looking for this older model, and after doing some research dates back to 1925

I do know about the models you posted and you are right not a DYI job. If I can locate the same model then the flush valve on a 1" line can stay the same. I already replaced the cast iron drain flange and refurbished the Sloan valve.

The toilet had a crack on one of the bolt holes that has been there for years. But this past weekend developed a constant leak on the floor. I thought it was do to a old wax ring and after I removed it found the wax to be hard as a rock. After more inspection found a hairline fracture almost a foot in length up the back.

My easiest option is to find the exact toilet

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Of course, here's a true classic. From the men's room at the original P.J. Clarke's in Manhattan, where the building and innards dates from 1884. Not sure when these were installed. Couldn't get a full photo because the room was too small.

20150805_005147.jpg

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
http://urinal.net/chrysler_building/

I'm looking for this older model, and after doing some research dates back to 1925

I do know about the models you posted and you are right not a DYI job. If I can locate the same model then the flush valve on a 1" line can stay the same. I already replaced the cast iron drain flange and refurbished the Sloan valve.

The toilet had a crack on one of the bolt holes that has been there for years. But this past weekend developed a constant leak on the floor. I thought it was do to a old wax ring and after I removed it found the wax to be hard as a rock. After more inspection found a hairline fracture almost a foot in length up the back.

My easiest option is to find the exact toilet

Thanks
Wow! I haven't seen one of those in years!!! I know little, if anything, about urinals (other than what their intended use is), but I wonder if a floor-mounted top-spud commercial toilet could replace the urinal you have. Not knowing the particulars of your situation, I'm curious as to whether the drain diameter is adequate for a toilet to drain properly and if a toilet would be practical for your needs. Just a little food for thought.

FFJwilliams

Reaction score
Wow! I haven't seen one of those in years!!! I know little, if anything, about urinals (other than what their intended use is), but I wonder if a floor-mounted top-spud commercial toilet could replace the urinal you have. Not knowing the particulars of your situation, I'm curious as to whether the drain diameter is adequate for a toilet to drain properly and if a toilet would be practical for your needs. Just a little food for thought.

The floor drain is 4", I've located the exact model in NY with a antique plumbing supply company and they want $1200. I'm still searching for the model I listed a few posts up in this feed. Given MA plumbing code if we upgraded to a wall mount the costs are being quoted $3500 to move the drain and add a false wall against the concrete wall. If I can't located the same urinal will probably have a Plummer install a standard commercial toilet

Magneto

Reaction score
Your best option is to definitely install a commercial toilet. Shopping for antiques is one thing, but when you involve the installation of it, and decide to use the damn thing, your just digging a deeper hole.

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
The floor drain is 4", I've located the exact model in NY with a antique plumbing supply company and they want $1200. I'm still searching for the model I listed a few posts up in this feed. Given MA plumbing code if we upgraded to a wall mount the costs are being quoted $3500 to move the drain and add a false wall against the concrete wall. If I can't located the same urinal will probably have a Plummer install a standard commercial toilet
If budget is a big consideration and aesthetics are not, it seems like you have your answer. $1,200 seems like a LOT of money for an old urinal. Good luck, whichever way you decide to go!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks