Adding a branch line for addition of Master bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Russ Paton

Reaction score
Hi all,

I think I have it right here but please check the photo and correct or guide me if I am wrong.

Existing 3.5" drain coming from toilet and picking up 2" lines from sink and shower and dropping 90 and continuing through the slab. Excellent slope of .5"/12" over 4'

I want to come into this 3.5" line just before it drops 90 with a 3.5" Branch drain from the addition, The new toilet is the farthest point on the run at just under 10' and it will pick up the new shower and the new sink. I will be able to maintain greater than a .25/12" slope on this branch. A new stack will be Installed to vent the sink and shower.

Any sirens going off or can I get started.

Thanks. We have to conform to BC code.

Attachments

• August 4, 2015 54617 PM PDT.jpg
    August 4, 2015 54617 PM PDT.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 373

Russ Paton

Reaction score
You can have up to three bathroom groups on 3", which is about 3.5" OD
The 1/4" per foot grade is perfect.
Awesome thank you, I thought I was on track but the friggin plumbing code buried in the building code is like $300 and I won't need it again. This is only the third bathroom in house and only the second on the stack.
Thanks again.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Whoever did the existing piping did not seem to be worried about installing a vent on the tub/shower drain before connecting it to the 3" line, so how can we be sure YOU will do it properly? Some people consider ANY pipe connected to a drain line and going up through the roof to be a proper vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks