Difference betwenn Fleck 2900 control valve and Fleck 2900s control valve

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
There are many subtle differences. They use different pistons, but some pistons are interchangeable. The 2900 was discontinued many years ago. The "s" is a single casting that got rid of the two piece design that used to incorporate the 2750 as the regenerant valve.
I could go on but... what are you looking for?

Ricardo Fanas

Reaction score
There are many subtle differences. They use different pistons, but some pistons are interchangeable. The 2900 was discontinued many years ago. The "s" is a single casting that got rid of the two piece design that used to incorporate the 2750 as the regenerant valve.
I could go on but... what are you looking for?

I'm watching the 2900s service manual, looking for some pieces, and I can see that there are pieces that have an item number for the 2900 and a different item number for the 2900s. An example is the Tube, Brine, it has the item #15416 for the 2900, and the item #16460 for the 2900s.

Then, if I need that item, how can I know if my valve is a 2900 or a 2900s?

ditttohead

Reaction score
Post a picture of the valve, it is easily determined by the valve body. The "s" has a single casting valve body, the 2900 has two bodies bolted together. You can see it in the manuals as well.

Ricardo Fanas

Reaction score
Post a picture of the valve, it is easily determined by the valve body. The "s" has a single casting valve body, the 2900 has two bodies bolted together. You can see it in the manuals as well.
Fleck2900sys72.jpg

is this what you mean by one or two bodies?

Last edited by a moderator:

ditttohead

Reaction score
Valve on left is 2900s, valve on right is 2900.
The 2900s was introduced in 2005 and has a much higher backwash rate than the 2900 allowing for it to be used on larger tank sizes.
They use a different upper pistons and most use the same lower piston, although the lower piston may look different. If you need more details send me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks