Help identify please

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotrod304

Reaction score
Hello

I am new to this site and I am in desperate need of some assistance. I am a combat veteran of the U.S. Military and I am 100%disabled due to my injuries. Due to this, I am extremely limited on what I can do physically. Also, since I am on a set income I am not in the best of financial circumstances.

With this being said, I come to this forum asking for some help. This will seem like a very silly and easy question and likely make most of you laugh, but to the unaware "folk" I am lost at what this is.

Can some please identify what this pipe is and also what it does. This pipe is located in my non climate controlled garage. I have noticed for the last few weeks it seems to have a pretty steady drip of water leaking from it. Is this because it has been 100 nearly every day for a few weeks? Is it because I turn my AC low at night? Is this even for my AC?

About a week ago I was using my lawn blower to clean the garage floor and moved it on the pipe to see it might stop the water. Well after that the water Poured out like a steady stream for about 30 minutes. Every time I walk into my garage the floor is half wet.

It appears to be water, I haven't and will not taste it.....not a cat! Also if you look closet at the drip point of contact with the concrete it appears to be leaving some sort of brownish type of film on the floor. This has been noticed as of a few days ago. I don't go into my garage or drive but maybe every few days or so due to my disabilities.

Again, if anyone can help with any assistance and shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Respectfully
Rodney

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 128

Reach4

Reaction score
How large is the pipe-- maybe 1/2 inch inside diameter?

One possibility is that it is condensation from the air conditioner. Maybe the pipe was clogged and your leaf blower got the water flowing. Just a guess.

If that is the case, you should see more water on hot humid days.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Can you get to your AC system and perhaps pour a little water with some "food coloring" into the condensate drain? Then you will know if the colored water drips out of the line in garage where it came from.

Another possibility is that is line from a drain pan for some other appliance such as a washing machine. Some apartments/condos I've seen have a drain/overflow pan under the stacked washer/drier combo. However in this case, if water is coming out of the line it means something is leaking that shouldn't be.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks