Why do I have 3 supply lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
Why do I have 3 water supply lines under my kitchen sink?
IMG_2124.JPG

Reach4

Reaction score
Hot, cold, and one (the middle pipe) would be water going back down and then going to supply something else.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Maybe it's the perspective, but that trap arm sure doesn't look legal to me, including for the fact that it runs uphill, and the bottom of the "vent" connection is below the top of the trap weir.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
What's up with your electrical....is the nmb in flex

That is a common way when you have a concrete slab. It looks like a 1" conduit with UF NMC type cable running through it. It looks like that this is under a island sink to bring power to the required outlets, disposal, dishwasher , etc. The wires are run through the cabinets, therefore, it must be in flex. Maybe this was done to provide power during a remodel because you can see the coupling is broken and the cut ends of the flex do not have any protection. It sure needs to be cleaned upon completion.

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If the cold is the one on the right, it probably goes to a ice maker connection, or possibly an outside hydrant or garage? . Guessing here as piping and electrical are usually to the rear of a cabinet making me think hot is on the left.
Do yourself a favor and add valves on all if none, cant see other two (could be out of pic)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks