10" Rough In Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Miss.E

Reaction score
Hello All -
Currently undergoing a house renovation, all is going well until my plumber informed me that one of the bathrooms has a 10" rough and I would need a new toilet. The bathroom with the 10" rough is small (about 5x5), so I would prefer a round seat and it will be a modern feel where I insist on a concealed trapway.
Until I started looking I didn't realize what a rare combo this is. Anyone know of a toilet that has a round seat, concealed trapway with a 10" rough?
Any help or insight is much appreciated.
Thanks!
Miss.E

Reach4

Reaction score
Don't know of one. Toto Aquia extends into the room less than some elongated toilets. It has been noted that the feet are not really much farther from the wall when seated on an elongated.
https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst416m_specs.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
NOt all toilets are created equal...some of the Toto elongated toilets are shorter than some round front ones. First, I'd determine how much room you have, then see if one actually fits for you. Search the Toto website for 'unifit' which is what Toto uses on some of their toilets to allow them to fit either 10, 12, or 14" rough-ins. All of those toilets that use the unifit adapter are skirted. Any males in the household will appreciate an elongated toilet.

Miss.E

Reaction score
NOt all toilets are created equal...some of the Toto elongated toilets are shorter than some round front ones. First, I'd determine how much room you have, then see if one actually fits for you. Search the Toto website for 'unifit' which is what Toto uses on some of their toilets to allow them to fit either 10, 12, or 14" rough-ins. All of those toilets that use the unifit adapter are skirted. Any males in the household will appreciate an elongated toilet.
Probably will go the unifit route, just need to run it past my plumber. Plus I heard it makes a dripping sound, do you know if that is only in older models? All the post/commets I read that say the unifit makes a dripping sound are all from a couple of years ago.
My husband will be happy to hear that someone was thinking about his male-hood since he is very much outrun by women in this household. No worries for him, he has his own throne with an elongated toilet.

Miss.E

Reaction score
You can also pick up an American Standard Cadet 3 with the 10" tank option in round.
Do you know if the cadet 10" round has a skirted option? The ones I saw looked like the trap was not concealed.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
http://terrylove.biz/toilets/41-toto-aquia-dual-flush-toilet.html

TOTO has the 10" Aquia bowl with concealed trayway.

toto-aquia-dual-flush-toilet.jpg

It's elongated, but comes out only 28" from the back wall on a 10" rough.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The 'dripping' sound is very subtle on the Totos that use the Unifit adapter. They changed it a number of years ago to help mask that sound. Personally, I have two older ones, and unless I'm thinking about it, I don't hear it. The newer ones are quieter, but I don't have a direct comparison.

A typical (US style, anyway) toilet has the bowl full to the brim of the weir, and anything you add causes some liquid to dribble out as stuff goes into the bowl. During refill, if there's any excess (they control that quite well), it will dribble out if the bowl got refilled before the tank. WIth everything else going on, you have to be somewhat anal (IMHO) to be bothered by it!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yes you can go with a Vespin, or Carlyle which uses the Unifit. They come in 10" also.
They redesigned the Unifit years ago to be quiet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks