Whose dumb idea was it to bring water into our houses anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Moby

Reaction score
If only we could go back to the good old days of washing up at the creek. Every plumbing improvement I attempt is a grueling uphill battle of failure. Countless wasted trips to countless stores seeking impossible-to-find parts, struggling to detach pieces welded together by time, failed glue connections, lying plumbing store workers, and nothing ever being lined up correctly has left me a bitter shell of a wannabe plumber.

Hiring plumbers has been problematic as well. I know good plumbers exist, but they are hard to find and identify around here.

I could have built myself a pretty spiffy new outhouse by now.

index.php

picture added by Terry
Shannon Love roofing an old outhouse sometime in the 70's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Summer trips to Lake Quesnel we had to carry water in buckets from the lake for cooking and drinking. The outhouse was near the edge of the woods, where the bears would hang out.
Try wading out for clear water, and carrying two nearly full buckets back up the hill without losing too much water.

index.php

Moby

Reaction score
There's where you're going wrong--use the water at its source, don't carry buckets of it to your house at all!

Moby

Reaction score
Living without cake is a small price to pay for keeping your house clean and dry.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
That was nice pictures Terry, Thanks for sharing.

I have had some Cold Ass baths in the creek.

The girls nipples stuck out like headlights on bright. Guess that is why we did so much fishing.

Yes, it was the good old days.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks