Kitchen faucet with pull out opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I have a Grohe, tall unit that's been installed now for about 15-years...no issues.

My mother wanted a Delta unit and I installed it at her house. I think the finish on it is not as high quality, but it's been working fine for about 5-years. The Grohe unit uses a long coil spring on the hose to aid in retracting the head for storage. The Delta uses a big donut weight. Depending on what you keep in the cabinet below, Delta's weight may get caught or hung up on something stored there. It's not catastrophic.

I sort of dislike Delta's requirement to always have the handle centered, which can mean lots more motion on the seals every time. The Grohe can be closed at any water temp position, and then reopened without having to move the lever to get what you want. Some of that is design, some of that on the Delta is just the way their system works.

On many of them, you can replace the head IF you buy an established brand. SOme of the specials or house brands, you may never find replacement parts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks