Faucet Stem Appears Round at Base

Users who are viewing this thread

Pablo New

Reaction score
I'm trying to remove a faucet stem. It has a plastic outer piece that I removed. However, I don't see how I can remove the stem itself. It appears round. I don't see how a valve stem wrench is going to fit around it. It's a rental, so I'll post a picture tomorrow to try to explain better. Given what I've described, how do I remove the stem? Is there a valve stem wrench designed to fit around this? All the ones I've seen online appear to have an octagon end.

Pablo New

Reaction score
Faucet retainers and wrenches are usually hexagonal, very few, if any , are octagons. Your description is of no help, so we need a photo.
Sorry, I just meant to say that it doesn't appear to have any shape to grab for a wrench to grab onto. I'll post a pic later. Thanks for replying.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks