Wall Mount Toilet question

Users who are viewing this thread

Maemer

Reaction score
adding an addition onto house...want to make an ADA bathroom...want wall mount vanity and toilet...but if the toilet is mounted to the wall, where is the tank?

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
Duravit Wall Hung.jpg Gerber Maxwell Wall Hung.jpg
There are types with the tank mounted atop the bowl, like a "traditional" toilet, and others with the tank concealed in the wall. I'm not sure of the ADA compliance of the concealed tank models due to the location of the flush actuator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maemer

Reaction score
I know about the two types...I know how to lift tank lid and work on the "traditional" one, but how in the world do you work on the one that Isn't the traditional one? Where is the tank? Can I get to the tank? I don't understand.
Thanks

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
I know about the two types...I know how to lift tank lid and work on the "traditional" one, but how in the world do you work on the one that Isn't the traditional one? Where is the tank? Can I get to the tank? I don't understand.
Thanks
The tank is inside the wall. Since I've never had to deal with one, my assumption is that you would install an access panel to the tank in the room that shares the wall in the bathroom concealing the toilet apparatus. Modern plumbing installations have an access panel to allow you to get to the concealed workings of your tub and/or shower faucet. I think the concept is probably the same.

One of the pros will likely see this and hopefully will give you a more definitive answer.

Reach4

Reaction score
This is a video on installing a Toto hanger system, but it does not answer all of your questions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks