Cycle sensor control

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Looking at the 2 hp one. How would this compare to Franklins? I dont see a adjustment for over-under loads.... How does it read or deal with dead-head conditions? I don't see any mention of that. Is it mainly designed for use with the cycle stop valve?

What became of the electronic pressure switch? Seemed like a good idea...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The Cycle Sensor doesn't look for overload. All motors already have a built in overload, so redundancy just adds something that is not needed. The current adjust is just for under-load, and it can be set at precisely 9.1 amps if that is what the draw is at deadhead. The Cycle Sensor is not attached to water pressure, has only one moving part (the relay), and even that never changes state unless there is a Dry well or Rapid Cycle fault, so it has proven to be very dependable.

I still have plenty of the electronic pressure switches, and they are cheap is you want one. They are a good idea. I still use them on my personal pumps. But they are attached to pressure, which moves the transducer all the time. So 3-5 years your going to need a new one. That is not a dependable enough product for me to sell, having gotten use to selling something that last for a really long time.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
The Cycle Sensor doesn't look for overload. All motors already have a built in overload, so redundancy just adds something that is not needed. The current adjust is just for under-load, and it can be set at precisely 9.1 amps if that is what the draw is at deadhead. The Cycle Sensor is not attached to water pressure, has only one moving part (the relay), and even that never changes state unless there is a Dry well or Rapid Cycle fault, so it has proven to be very dependable.

I still have plenty of the electronic pressure switches, and they are cheap is you want one. They are a good idea. I still use them on my personal pumps. But they are attached to pressure, which moves the transducer all the time. So 3-5 years your going to need a new one. That is not a dependable enough product for me to sell, having gotten use to selling something that last for a really long time.

So what would you say is the main difference between the Franklin pump savers and the Cycle Sensor? I see the cost is pretty close now.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The Cycle Sensor looks at amps times the power factor, which is more accurate than just amps. The Cycle Sensor also displays the reading all the time, and can be set to the nearest 1/100th, not just increments of 5% as with other devices.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks