Kitchen faucet leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Steven1971

Reaction score
Hello. I have a pioneer kitchen faucet (model #2BR110) that is leaking. I was told to replace the entire stem. I was looking online and found a picture of the stem.
https://www.plumbersstock.com/pioneer-x-3900002c-part-stem-cold.html
Looks like there is no washer on there, just a couple of o-rings. Would it be possible just to replace the o-rings to fix the leak? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Replace the O-rings and find out. I fixed a leaky kitchen faucet by changing two O-rings in the cartridge. I had been looking to buy a cartridge, but the store did not have that. The worker suggested the O-rings. Worked completely.

Steven1971

Reaction score
Replace the O-rings and find out. I fixed a leaky kitchen faucet by changing two O-rings in the cartridge. I had been looking to buy a cartridge, but the store did not have that. The worker suggested the O-rings. Worked completely.

Thank you. I will give it a try.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
It depends on where the leak is located. If it is leaking out the spout, replacing those two o-rings will not fix the leak.

Asktom

Reaction score
If it is leaking from under the handle when you turn the water on, then O-rings should work. If it is leaking out the spout you need to change the cartridge. That said, if you have a lot of minerals in the water it is sometimes possible to soak the cartridge in vinegar and have it work again - but the stars must be aligned and the moon in the proper phase. (That is, once in a while it works.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks