If you were stranded on a desert island......

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
It all depends upon price. If you really have a full 12" to the centerline of the flange, then the world is your oyster.

Since you are not Trumps, the Toto Entrada has a great flush, and it's very reasonably priced.

The Drake II is another option, with its Double Cyclone flush. CST454CEFG. Get the cEfg version, not the cUfg version. The latter is 1.0 gallons per flush, and is amazing for that little water usage, but unless you're in California or really want to save water, it's not necessary. Same with the Ultramax II -- I saw the spec sheet you were given was the CUFG, not the CEFG.

The Original Drake, CST744E, is a great toilet, and it also has an optional new tank that's a little classier-looking, CST744EN (n for new tank).

The Ultramax II is a great-looking unit, and gets great reviews. Great flush, good bowl wash with the Double Cyclone, plus it has CEFIONTECT and Universal Height, as do all the II series toilets.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I agree with Wallijohn about the aesthetics of the Gerber tank. I despise it. It just offends me. Aren't personal preferences interesting? I'm sure there are folks that love that look, but...eeeew.

Reach4

Reaction score
As to clogging any toilet - don't use double ply paper, go instead with Scott 1-ply 1000 sheet paper and only use as much as from the paper dispenser to the floor, or about 2 feet at a time.
I like Charmin Extra Strong into my septic tank. It does a good job of keeping your finger on the correct side of the paper. I use a whole lot less than 2 ft at a time; I use 1 sheet at a time, but each sheet is after my cheap unheated bidet attachment.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has suggested one of the Toto models that use the Unifit adapter. Stylish skirted base and excellent flushing.

pinkpajamas

Reaction score
Are you ready? We are going with The Drake II, because I want cyclone and CEFIONTECT, and my boyfriend likes the look of it better. We already use Scott 1 ply 1000. And yes, the CEFG version. I'm very excited.

We only have one bathroom, and no real space to keep a plunger except the basement, believe it or not. So this will really help. I practically sleep with a plunger with the American Standard Hamilton. Ugh.

index.php

Thanks VERY MUCH plumbing enthusiasts! Now off to research kitchen faucets......

Reach4

Reaction score
That will work nicely, and you are unlikely to need a plunger. You will still need a toilet brush.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Now off to research kitchen faucets......

This is going to be real simple. Find a Price-Pfister or Delta kitchen faucet that you like the looks of. Buy and install it. That's the last faucet you will have to buy for that location, unless you later want one that looks different.

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might want to check what Hansgrohe faucets Costco carries on your island. They periodically have $50-$60 off on some of their kitchen faucets. Also, check their website. Hansgrohe customer service is pretty good and Costco's return policy can't be beat.

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
I agree with wjcandee about Delta and Pfister faucets, but with this caveat: DO NOT buy a Pfister kitchen faucet with pull-down sprayer. My initial one failed and, because they stand by their product, Pfister sent me a different model faucet since mine had been discontinued. The new (and upgraded, I might add) faucet failed, as well. Repair parts were sent under the warranty, and it failed again. At my request, Pfister agreed to change the faucet model to one with side spray. I still have the tall spout, which was my primary concern. My parents and sister had the same faucet as mine. Theirs failed, too, and, given my experience, they decided to go with Delta, who now, like Pfister, has the lifetime guarantee.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
hen my pull out Pfister faucet lost part of its finish Pfister replaced it with a pull down, and it has been working PERFECTLY for the past 5 years. I am not sure WHAT failed on yours because they are basically very simple with almost NO places for failure to occur.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
My Phister faucet is a pullout and 20 years old. I call them @ every 3 years and they send out whatever part it needs for free. Mind boggling! Great unit and company. 99% of Americans Don't file their parts list and warranty and just buy new. Pretty sure the parts are getting gone now, so next call means I likely get a whole new rig.

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
hen my pull out Pfister faucet lost part of its finish Pfister replaced it with a pull down, and it has been working PERFECTLY for the past 5 years. I am not sure WHAT failed on yours because they are basically very simple with almost NO places for failure to occur.
My original Pfister was a white pull down. When the aerator failed and the white finish peeled, they sent me a Hanover pull down. My family members liked mine so much that they bought the same faucet. The spray head on all three failed and, in my case, the hose attached to the spray head failed as well. I don't really understand. None of the three faucets was abused. My parents and my sister got disgusted and changed to Delta. I got another Pfister with side spray.

pinkpajamas

Reaction score
My boyfriend says the double cyclone takes the poop into the ocean, straight into a Great White's mouth!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks