Is it necessary to install this plastic piece?

Users who are viewing this thread

Quarterball

In the Trades
Reaction score
I bought an outdoor faucet and am wondering if it is necessary to install the plastic insert behind the flange. According to one website, it says that it helps angle the faucet downward. Thanks.
That wedge helps achieve a slight downward pitch to the sillcock, assuming everything is flush against the mounting surface, to achieve proper drainage, see image.

Other frostproof sillcocks, like those available from Quarter Ball, angle the flange to achieve the proper pitch without using one of those wedges, see image.

Attachments

• pitch-correctandincorrect.jpg
    pitch-correctandincorrect.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Quarter Ball rough-in dimensions.png
    Quarter Ball rough-in dimensions.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 286
Reaction score
No, but if you do not, how will you anchor the fauxet to the wall?

There's holes for screws in both the flange and plastic piece, so without would also work. In the end, even though I'm on uneven brick, I installed it. I'm not sure I needed it, and in my application it may end up even doing more harm than good, but whatever.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks