Help: Adding new Utility Sink and Washer Waste Wipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Halligan45

Reaction score
Hello new to the Forum. I'm looking for suggestions on how to tackle this DIY. This is the first real plumbing project I've gotten myself into. I've sweat pipe and done that but I have yet to do any type of waste or actual water lines to a sink.

Attached is the picture of the project with the drawings of what I want to do. The vent pipe is right behind the water heater. I haven't knocked out that part of the drywall. I was seeing if there was any way to do it without knocking that portion of the drywall out just because it's very tight access back there. If I have to, I will do it. But looking for suggestions on how to plumb this correctly. I will also be running new electrical while I have the wall open, it's all old aluminum wiring. Lastly, I'm in Tustin, California, if you have any code suggestions.

Thanks so much!

laundry_wall_1.jpg
laundry_wall_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
washer_rough_b.jpg

Normally you would have the sink drain above the washer trap arm.
In California you would vent both the sink and the washer.
Now hj will post that he has never done that. I can't help that hj. Old dog doesn't learn new tricks I guess.
If he pulls a permit, both get vented. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks