Basement sink vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikept

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm finally going to fix that abs washer standpipe in the basement at my parents house. Its in a cleanout, 1.5" and on the wrong side of stack. I know to clamp cast iron before snapping and I want to fix with pvc .

I`m also planning for a utility sink in the future and not sure the best way to vent so i should figure that out before i cut the stack.

The concrete wall where the washer standpipe will be moved to is 4' behind the stack.
The sink would be 6' down the wall from the standpipe , combined 10' from the stack. Read the IPC and thought of a few different ways to vent the sink the extra 2'.

A: single 2" pipe. sink trap behind dryer so a 2' trap arm; 4' to ell/standpipe wye. 4' to stack.

B: single 3" pipe so 6' to ell/standpipe wye. 4' to stack.

C: double 2" pipes so combined waste vent the sink; 6' to ell, 4' to stack. another 4' pipe for standpipe to stack.

Am I reading the IPC right? I dont want to mess with walls on the above floors or an AAV.

20150404_124853.jpg

Last edited:

Stuff

Reaction score
That looks like a waste/soil stack and can not be used for venting basement fixtures. You need to look around to find a vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks