Detached workshop

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
If you use a 69 cent AC outlet when you can buy a good one, you are a fool.

Really ?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The internal quality of the builder's special receptacles and a commercially rated one is substantial...personally, any that I replace, I go for the much better ones. If you are only going to plug a lamp in there once, and leave it for decades, the $.69 one may work fine. Use it for regular plug/unplug or higher wattage items, and you'll quickly notice the cheap ones start to get loose. Hold them both in your hands and then insert something into one, and you'll immediately notice differences. I think that the commercial ones tend to have easier to use wire attachments, too.

DonL

Reaction score
You Should Never use the push in Wire connection on a Cheap Ass outlet like that. Or even use them at all. Wall Light switch included.

Nor should you loop thru one.

A Builder does not give a shit, after the build. I hope he installed the smoke detectors correctly.

Call me a A**hole if you must. I do not understand people doing something that is Stupid to save a dollar, Then put other people, their family at risk.

Do not play with electricity, unless you know how it can hurt You and your Loved ones, and the insurance company will honor your insurance claim when something happens.

Last edited:

Bruce09

Reaction score
If you use a 69 cent AC outlet when you can buy a good one, you are a fool.

Really ?
That was clearly uncalled for. I have posted in every single post I'm not sure about this stuff, that's why I joined this forum, asshole! Cheap items that are manufactured and sold cheap isn't of my doing, this is why I knew better than to of been upfront and honest and looked for help on a forum. I clearly stated I bought the gfci and the 20 amp receptacles, you're a piece of shit, there was no call for that, ..

Bruce09

Reaction score
It's folks like you that completely ruin it for someone who wants to learn and understand in a platform such as this, you need to check your ego and be helpful rather than trolling around and picking out the mistakes people make and trying to act like you're a big man. You don't know me, or how I do things, but you don't miss a chance in thinking you're doing some good by name calling and trying to make someone feel stupid. I don't guess you read a single thing I said except to look for the things I know nothing about, I was here to get an understanding of wiring, not a pissing match with an angry old man. This is a diy help Forum, a forum where people come to get advice, maybe since you're the God of electricity, you should have your own forum. You can have it, I'll even tell you where u can put it!

DonL

Reaction score
Thank You.

I like someone that speaks the truth.

I speak the truth too. Sometimes it hurts to be told the truth, some people can not take it. I can take it and dish it out.

Sorry your panties got so bunched up. No harm meant to you personally.

A fool and stupid are 2 different things. Just because you do a stupid things, does not make you stupid for life, Unless you are just dumb. Then you should not play with electricity at all.

Just like there is a difference in a good outlet and a cheap one.

Have a great day.

Last edited:

Bruce09

Reaction score
Thank you for informing me of the two different types of receptacles, your knowledge amazes me.. I can take the truth as good as anyone, I'm just not to good with getting it served to me on one of those big Texas cow patties.. I guess when someone comes in here and looks for advice you feel the need to be the resident smart-ass,. I guess it never occurred to you that you could use that knowledge to explain something to someone without being a dick. Good day to you too..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks