Thoughts on a submersible pump and pressure tank

Users who are viewing this thread

grover

Reaction score
I've about decided on a Flint & Walling 1/2 hp 10gpm submersible and I'm trying to find a good pressure tank. I found an article that recommended a WaterWorker and a Amtrol Well-x-Trol. The Well-X I'm looking at is about $400 and I found the WaterWorker for $200. Your opinions, is the Well-X-Trol worth twice the price of the other one?

Background,
I've got a new cistern so I'm pumping up (lift) only about 8-10 ft and then going horizontally to the house about 30 ft. The tanks I'm looking at are both in the 40 gallon range with a drawdown of about 11-13 gpm.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
You must be pricing a 203 size, which is really too small.

Water Worker is about a 5-7 year tank. The WX series is good for close to 20 yrs in most cases. The difference is in the diaphram construction, the Water Worker uses a light gauge material while the WX uses a much heavier material and is rated for 150 psi. Also, the Water Worker doesn't have the same warranty 5 yrs vs 7 for the WX.

With a 10 gpm pump, you want to use the biggest tank possible for increased drawdown between run cycles, so a WX 251 would be the smallest I'd use.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks