Toilet recommendation....

Users who are viewing this thread

cc66

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've got to replace four toilets in my home. One toilet is a eljer corner toilet which I like except for seat hight. The other three are not ada height, almost always require two flushes and sometime a plunger and almost alway a scrub brushing to clean. The bowl.

I'm looking at Toto, AS, Delta. I'm looking for ada height, a strong strong flush, quiet flush as possible, great bowl cleaning, minimal water needed, and comfortable seat.

The eljer seat is nice, it's elongated and squared in the front.

Any and all recommendations of models and model number is greatly appreciated.

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've got to replace four toilets in my home. One toilet is a eljer corner toilet which I like except for seat hight. The other three are not ada height, almost always require two flushes and sometime a plunger and almost alway a scrub brushing to clean. The bowl.

I'm looking at Toto, AS, Delta. I'm looking for ada height, a strong strong flush, quiet flush as possible, great bowl cleaning, minimal water needed, and comfortable seat.

Any and all recommendations of models and model number is greatly appreciated.
I'm probably going to get flack for this, but my personal experience with American Standard toilets has been second to none and the American Standard Cadet Pro line is excellent. The corner model is available only in ADA bowl height (16.5"), in either elongated or round bowl and it is available only as a 1.6 gallon-per-flush (GPF). The model number for the elongated version is 216AD.004.XXX. Round is 216BD.004.XXX. The "XXX" represents color choice: 020 for white; 021 for bone; 222 for linen.

For your non-corner units, the Cadet Pro Right Height (ADA) is available in 1.28 and 1.6 GPF. Model #215AA.104.XXX is the 1.28 GPF with elongated bowl and the round bowl model is 215BA.104.XXX. The 1.6 GPF models are 215AA.004.XXX for elongated and 215BA.004.XXX for round.

All toilets I've referenced are 12" rough-in with the flush lever on the customary left side.

My favorite seat is American Standard's EverClean slow close. It's very comfortable and it has quick release hinges to facilitate easier and more thorough cleaning. Model numbers are 5321.110.XXX for elongated and 5320.110.XXX for round.

The suggested retail prices on American Standard's website are scary, as they are on any manufacturer's site. You can Google or Bing search the model numbers and find suitable prices. The company I use has prices among the lowest and my toilets have always arrived undamaged. I can't call the company by name because Big Brother is watching. If you're in the Seattle area, ask Terry Love to order them for you.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For entry level I like the TOTO Entrada.
ADA height, 1000 grams on the MaP testing. Standard parts in the tank, good bowl rinse and very good quality control.

Most plumbing wholesale houses should carry them.
For the Seattle area I have this link.
http://terrylove.biz/toilets/99-toto-cst244ef-entrada-toilet.html

toto-cst244ef-entrada-toilet.jpg

This is a standard Bemis seat here, but we normall install with the SS114 Softclose seat.
Seats are pretty generic though and you have plenty of options there.

cc66

Reaction score
Plumbs Away,
Thank you for your reply. How does the AS Champion Pro compare to the Cadet Pro? Thanks again for your replies.

cc66

Reaction score
Terry,
Thank you for your reply. Does Toto make a corner toilet or tank that will work with the Drake ll?

I'm considering replacing all the toilet with Toto Drake ll, but I am not sure if a 1.28 or 1.6 GPF would give me better bowl cleaning and waste removal.

I'm also considering replacing the master bathroom toilet with the Toto Eco Guinevere. What's your opinion on this toilet and recommendations on waterlet/bidet seat for this or any toilet?

Thanks again for your time and responses.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Terry,
Does Toto make a corner toilet or tank that will work with the Drake ll?

I'm considering replacing all the toilet with Toto Drake ll, but I am not sure if a 1.28 or 1.6 GPF would give me better bowl cleaning and waste removal.

I'm also considering replacing the master bathroom toilet with the Toto Eco Guinevere. What's your opinion on this toilet and recommendations on waterlet/bidet seat for this or any toilet?

Thanks again for your time and responses.

TOTO doesn't have a corner toilet in their lineup.
The II series, Drake II, Ultramax II, Carylyle II, Vespin II all have good bowl rinse with 1.28 gallons.
If you think you would like more, holding the handle down increases that to 2.50 in a flash.

ms874_log_cabin.jpg

I like the Guinevere toilets. I've sold a few hundred of them, and they always look and work very nicely.

cc66

Reaction score
Terry,
Thank you. Is the Guinevere basically a Drake ll with a skirt and different shapes tank? And, is the Soriee the same as the Guinevere? Thanks again.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
Plumbs Away,
Thank you for your reply. How does the AS Champion Pro compare to the Cadet Pro? Thanks again for your replies.
The Champion has a 4-inch exit path from tank that reduces to 3 inches at the entry to the bowl, while the Cadet's is 3 inches all the way. If memory serves, the Champion trapway is a quarter of an inch larger than the Cadet. Honestly, from my experience with both, there is little, if any, noticeable difference in performance and the Cadet is less expensive.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The only reason for the 4" flapper on the Champion is marketing. It's still 3" into the bowl.
Also, because they raise it up, they lose some of the force from gravity; so it's a wash at best.
I've had similar discussions from other manufacturers about their marketing terms. I've argued with them that I would prefer less hype and more solid engineering. After all............we have to work on them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks