Fleck 5600 sxt programming help

Users who are viewing this thread

blofquistaz1

Reaction score
Live in az, water hardness at 15-16.

48k (1.5 qb ft resin)
10x54 resin tank.

18x35 round brine tank

Need help programming my Fleck 5600sxt. 3/4" paddlewheel meter, .5, 1.5lb salt brine draw. Drain flow not sure. Has lable with a hand written 1 where it says injector and nothing else. The label on the bottom has a hash mark where drain flow is listed.

4 bd rm 2 bath house. 4 people in home and 1 dog :)

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
It says 1.5 LB SALT/MIN.
index.php

Reach4

Reaction score
Here is my try at it, presuming city water or other water with no iron, no manganese:
pix_2.GIF

Numbers largely based on https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/fleck-5600sxt-programming-help.55694

Note that using RS=rc allows not changing reserve when changing C or H plus it gives more resolution vs RS=SF.

Fortunately your BF did not involve rounding.

Adjust RT starting time based on your schedule. The regen takes less than 2 hours.

Last edited:

blofquistaz1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Just out of Curiosity, above states 1.5 cubic foot is 32,000 grains. Everything I have read says it would be a 48,000 grain unit. I have a 10x54 tank and installed the resin. I was told by the company it was 48k. I just wanted to clarify. Thanks again for the info.

Reach4

Reaction score
When I say " cubic ft resin _|_1.5 _|_nominal grains/32,000" , I mean that 1.5 is the nominal grains of the softener divided by 32000. So when I divide "48000" by 32000 I get 1.5. Column 1 is the name of the setting. Column 2 is the value of the setting. Column 3 tries to describe what the value means.

There is probably a more clear but still concise way of saying that. Suggestion for better wording? Maybe "Same as (nominal grains/32,000)" or "= (nominal grains)/32,000)"

Nominal means what something is called. http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/american/nominal says nominal means "used about something that is officially described in a particular way when it is not really true or correct".

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks