Garden tub faucet pickle

Users who are viewing this thread

nativetxn

Reaction score
Hi, I have a whirlpool tub installed in cultured marble surround with no access panel. I am going to update the faucets in my bathroom (sinks, tub, shower) and was hoping to take the easy way out and just use existing plumbing but update trim only for the tub and shower. Also, the tub has a dripping faucet, so I'm sure I'll need to replace a washer in the handle. Now, when I go to take the faucet off of the tub, the entire thing slides back and forth. When I removed the faucet, the nipple is not completely secure to the deck. It's not loose, but it certainly moves if you push on it. Does this mean that I need to open up one of the sides of the tub box and simply tighten the nipple, or are we talking replacing plumbing under the tub? I can manage simple DIY stuff, but wasn't sure if I should just call a plumber.

Thx for the advice!

nativetxn

Reaction score
Here you go… PS, this is all Delta trim/valving

Attachments

• Roman Tub.jpg
    Roman Tub.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 440
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks