Low water flow in anti frost outdoor faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Rachel Fleishman

Reaction score
We just purchased our home and, despite adjusting the inside on/off valve to the outside hose faucet, I cannot get more than a slow flow of water to come from the faucet. No other water pressure issues in our home, just this one faucet. Any idea how to get it to actually generate enough water to run through a hose so I can garden? Thank you.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A picture of the inside shutoff valve may help. Does that handle just keep turning, or does it stop at some point? If it's a gate valve, the shaft may have broken off from the gate, and it won't either open fully or close properly. A sticky washer can restrict flow, as can some other crud blocking the path. Hard to tell without seeing exactly what you have.

Rachel Fleishman

Reaction score
A picture of the inside shutoff valve may help. Does that handle just keep turning, or does it stop at some point? If it's a gate valve, the shaft may have broken off from the gate, and it won't either open fully or close properly. A sticky washer can restrict flow, as can some other crud blocking the path. Hard to tell without seeing exactly what you have.
hose valve.jpg

Thanks for trying to help diagnose the issue!

Last edited by a moderator:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Have you tried to take the outside hose faucet apart and then open the water to flush it out? It could be trash in the valve. Does it have a vacuum breaker? Could you take a picture of the outside hose faucet?

Last edited:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would shut the water off at the shut off valve. Then go take apart the hose bibb and pull out the stem. Then I would go turn the water on to blow any trash out of the water line if it is in there. Also look to see if there is good flow with the stem out. Go shut the water back off. Take a look at the hose bibb stem and other parts and see if anything looks damaged. You might want to replace the inner parts while you have it apart but if it is not leaking there may be no need too.

B & K Mueller, ANTI-SIPHON FROST FREE SILLCOCK • QUARTERMASTER

http://stockvalues.org/QuarterMaster-Frost-Free-Silcock-Problem-Repair

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks