Pump don`t shut off

Users who are viewing this thread

Billy in lil la

Reaction score
Totally new to irrigation..
The picture is of before , i can take a new one but maybe someone can help me until then!
I have renewed all that the picture shows.

When i don`t have the water running the pump shuts off OK but when I run the sprinklers the pump keeps running and don`t shut off, could the anti-siphon vale cause this ?
Or does someone have anymore suggestions,.
I know it is vague but until someone asks questions I don`t really know how to ask (-:
Thanks in advance.
Billy.

Attachments

• Well.jpg
    Well.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 320

Reach4

Reaction score
What does the pressure gauge indicate while the pump is running. Watch it for 3 minutes. What does it do?

The simplest answer would be that the pump cannot get ahead of the demands of the sprinkler, so the pressure never rises to the level of the shutoff pressure. That could be very good if the irrigation has enough pressure to work, the house has enough pressure for its use, and the reason for the water consumption rate is not due to a water leak. So if your pressure switch was set for 40...60, and the water pressure leveled out at 53 while the irrigation runs, that would be really great.

Billy in lil la

Reaction score
Reach4 thank you .
I will look at it today and come back with the results.
Just one thing is that the well is only used for the sprinkler system.
Again thanks
Billy.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The pump "not shutting off" while running the sprinklers is a good thing. Like Reach said, as long as the sprinklers have good pressure that is the way you want it to run. If the pump starts cycling on/off while the sprinklers are running, or if the sprinklers don't have enough pressure, then you need to make some changes like adding a Cycle Stop Valve.

Billy in lil la

Reaction score
Oh Cool..Thanks valveman..
It does have good pressure.
Also I noticed i can regulate the pressure by turning down the syphon valve, is this a good idea or not?
That syphon valve does have a very small leak should I replace it? It is not one of the ones that has wires going into, I think they may call it a manual one!

Thanks again
Billy.

Billy in lil la

Reaction score
Sorry I meant to say manual "ANTI" -Syphon vale.
Picture of mine and a new one./

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 6.59.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 6.59.47 AM.png
    82 KB · Views: 269
  • Lawn-Genie-L4010-rw-263319-368283.jpg
    Lawn-Genie-L4010-rw-263319-368283.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 379

Reach4

Reaction score
Billy, I would think you are you are using an iPad to post with. :rolleyes:
Anti-siphon valve.

I did a search for anti siphon valve lawn genie . They seem to be inexpensively replaced

Billy in lil la

Reaction score
:confused: your right . you would think I would have gone back and checked the spelling...:confused:
I`ll go get one ..

Thanks for all the help.

Billy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks