California Drought Emergency: Time for Toto 1Gs to Shine?

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Reading about the drought emergency in California, which apparently the government has decided won't go away by wishful thinking, I am thinking how Toto makes the best-performing (only well-performing?) 1G toilets out there. I'm wondering if the new state program to replace old toilets shouldn't mandate 1.0gpf toilets, and recommend Totos as the best ones.

If nothing else, it's a good marketing opportunity for Toto. They should just be blatant about it already. Full-page ads in the major newspapers and targeted radio ads touting the 1G and saying that it has been proven to work.

Of course, I seriously question Toto's marketing of late. Kohler certainly recognized Terry's influence by inviting him to their factory and to meet the Big Machers there. And now American Standard is making overtures. Geez, Toto, do something more than giving the guy a Carhartt jacket, already. He's a world traveler and I'm sure he would enjoy investigating the world of Japanese plumbing, or at least the joys of Georgia barbecue and an opportunity to inspect the Toto installation throughout ATL airport and a chance to see their environmentally-friendly factory and headquarters near Atlanta, and an opportunity to share his (and OUR!) thoughts about how to make the brand the gold standard in the United States. Hint, hint.

Wake up, Toto! You are taking America's Most Trusted Plumber for granted.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks